• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Comp and PTSD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kayrn39

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Back in October 2009, I was choked in the home of a caregiver (I work in home health care). The office manager never filed my claim, but I did complete my part based on our company protocol. It was filed in January 2010. I did press charges for assault on a female on this person. About two weeks prior to the court date in February, he made verbal threats to the DSS workers that had gotten involved. They called our office to warn me as well as sent a picture of his mug shot to the office. I started experiencing anxiety, insomnia, and nightmares. It affected my ability to go to work. My workers compensation claim has been denied. Is there anything I can do??

kayrn39

I got a free consultation with a WC lawyer, and they didn't feel I had a case. My family physician believes I need to seek counseling for the PTSD, but I believe workers compensation should pay for it. They are saying they won't accept my claim because I didn't seek treatment immediately. What part of POST traumatic stress do they not get?

ecmst12

PTSD symptoms should be apparent within a very short time after the trauma. Waiting 6 months to seek treatment does indeed look questionable. Your health is more important then your claim. Seek treatment now - the longer you wait, the longer it will take before you feel better.

Ioshua

You guys talking all full of craps.
First of all, the workers are un-trained civilians not a soldiers in actuall combat.

You were injured in normal peaceful conditions. You deserves way much more.
perhaps, they knew it is dangerous so they put you in that positions. You are not a sitting duck or somekind of bait. other wise it is not called as a Job in some cities or towns....

Second, PTSD means Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders .

It is "Trauma" in your brains where it controls whole emotions & body.

It is from Greek word τρᾶυμα = "a wound". Don't let anyone trying to decieve you.

Try to get 100% or even more 'till you think it is enough. Every Judges do know this.

If your brains injured most likly will be permanent disable...your head to toe as if you've been shot with real bullet inside of brains with out visible signs.

As if someone hammered down inside of the CPU inside of the computers. if it's got broken...whole things go bad. company will replace whole computers & your loss of your programs & times. that's called warrenty & it is normal.
However, You are not a machine. you have your families & whole your life ahead of you.

It is a human body & your life. It is extreamly difficult to deal with . Perhaps, it will take your lifetime.

Untill you get real PTSD's. AnyYou guys have no clues 'till your husband jump up every night with cold sweats & shouting & go suddenly going for killing rampages with handguns on his hand finish you & everyone around him with out any signs.....Sounds famillier to you on the T.V. news? That's Right.

Mostlikely, you'll endup loosing your previous life styles & Everything you had including your family & going to homeless or even become murderor, or go suicide yourself but that's what "they" want you to do.... so they don't need to pay & share the chunk of money between your evil lawyers & Ins companies.

They are just going for your money. Not to cure you or to take care of you....

Do you exchnage your life for a penny change? or a just price of a car? but They are willing to do that.

All the vetrans & workers been fighting for this.

And the things are changed & Many cases of Victories are on ourside already . You put your life to it (onyour work). You deserves in full or evenmore . Thank you & Please do not lie to the PTSD Victims.... for the love of God!!!!!

Last edited:

pattytx

Joshua, this thread of over 3 months old. The OP got the proper legal advice, sought the advice of an attorney and was told she didn't have a good case, and has not been back to the thread since.

Please do not post to dead threads, especially the drivel you posted here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">