• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tylerax

Hi. I am from Nebraska and have some questions regarding work comp. If you have a permanent impairment rating of 39% that is classified as pain related moderate impairement class and am unable to return to previous position, what is the expected payout for this? Should we hire a lawyer? What dollar amount would be considered way too low? What about future medical costs, what is that worth? What about lost wages? We just got our impairment rating and are trying to figure out whether or not to hire a lawyer but we don't even know what figure to start at? Can anyone help? We would appreciate it.
I guess you also need to know that my husband was a construction worker making about 40,000 a year and cannot return to his previous employment. We do not know if his impairment rating is whole body or just extremity. He broke his hip.

Last edited:

W

Willlyjo

Hi. I am from Nebraska and have some questions regarding work comp. If you have a permanent impairment rating of 39% that is classified as pain related moderate impairement class and am unable to return to previous position, what is the expected payout for this? Should we hire a lawyer? What dollar amount would be considered way too low? What about future medical costs, what is that worth? What about lost wages? We just got our impairment rating and are trying to figure out whether or not to hire a lawyer but we don't even know what figure to start at? Can anyone help? We would appreciate it.
I guess you also need to know that my husband was a construction worker making about 40,000 a year and cannot return to his previous employment. We do not know if his impairment rating is whole body or just extremity. He broke his hip.
You need to get a Workers Compensation Lawyer. You will not have to pay him up front. His fee will be taken out of the settlement. Again the best advice you could get in this forum is to go consult an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">