• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers comp & return to work.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Banzai18

I live in NC. I had to have surgery on both of my arms due to a work related injury. The surgeries were on 11/02/99 & 01/14/2000. I worked until July 2001 without much pain. But then it came back. I just had surgery on my left elbow on 03/07/2002. The surgery was more extensive. A decompression of the ulnar nerve. My employer called me and stated that they wanted me to return to work on the 18th. My Dr. stated that I needed to be out for one week. But to only return to work if my employer had something to do with the use of only one arm( which also has restrictions). I don't feel like it would be safe to return with my arm being bandaged up to my shoulder. I will see my Dr. on the 20th to remove the bandadges. My other arm is still the same as before and will also require the same surgery. What rights do I have as far as returning to work. The last time I was out for 4 mths. Do you think I need to consult an attorney. Any info would be app.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If your doctor said you can return to work with restrictions and your employer said they will accomodate your restrictions, what's the problem?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">