• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Comp Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fabelus

I live in Idaho but my case originates from Florida. I received a Permanent Total Disability in 1997. The Ins. Comp was not willing to settle the case for the amount my lawyer had asked for. Now 12 years later the Ins. Comp. is interested in settling my case. They are willing to pay me what we asked for in 1997. The question I have should the anount be recalculated since it is 12 years later and so much has changed during the last 12 years? My current medical conodtion is worst now than it was back in 1997. Currently I am looking of having another back surgery.

shubh

Yes, you can increase the asked compensation amount by filling a petition to reevaluate the amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">