• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers' comp and social security disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abastis

What is the name of your state? massachusetts. I have been on comp since 89. ss disablility since 95. in reading a form i noticed that under 'i" about cola benefits. it states that if ...."supplemenrtal benefits payable under s. 35. benefits are not payable if payment of such supplemental benefit would result in any decreasef in the employee's social security disability benefits"....
I read that to mean that if your ss would jnot be decreased by receiving cost of living benefits from comp, then you are entitled to them......My comp benefits are such that I'm not entitled to any monies from ss disability...just a cost of living once a year,; so, they would not decrease my disability benefit, if i received a cost of living increase from comp.. I can't seem to access comp low on the ma legal site, and, i don't really know what I should be looking for. can some one help me figure out what, if, how? .PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">