• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mendoza.erika81

My husband was injured at work, but he is working there illegally, Can he still sue the company??He is in the process of becoming a permanent resident, will that affect his immigration case?

pattytx

It would have been better if you had kept all your related questions in the same thread.

However.

Except in very limited situations, Worker's Comp is the sole remedy for an on-the-job injury.

What does he think he can sue for?

W

Willlyjo

It would have been better if you had kept all your related questions in the same thread.

However.

Except in very limited situations, Worker's Comp is the sole remedy for an on-the-job injury.

What does he think he can sue for?
Obviously the Op knows its a Workers Comp. Claim her husband wants to pursue. Technically, "sue" is the wrong word, but you KNOW what the Op was talking about so why comment on something so incidental?

Op, your husband can file a Worker's Comp. Claim despite his legal status. He is an injured worker and he has the same rights regarding injured workers in this country.

pattytx

Obviously the Op knows its a Workers Comp. Claim her husband wants to pursue. Technically, "sue" is the wrong word, but you KNOW what the Op was talking about so why comment on something so incidental?
No, I do NOT know that the OP knows the difference between "suing" and "filing a Worker's Comp claim". I do NOT know that the wording was "incidental". And neither do you. Words matter.

Oh, and BTW. In the OP's other thread, we already discussed the Work Comp situation.

Last edited:
W

Willlyjo

No, I do NOT know that the OP knows the difference between "suing" and "filing a Worker's Comp claim". I do NOT know that the wording was "incidental". And neither do you. Words matter.

Oh, and BTW. In the OP's other thread, we already discussed the Work Comp situation.
I noticed, thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">