• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Compensation Medical release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

falco82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico
I know I have to sign a medical release in order for work comp to pay me and my medical benefits. But what information do I have to give them? The claims adjuster sent me paperwork that simply asks for a release of all medical records. I know I have to sign it but I thought I was allowed to only include on there what I wanted to. Can anyone help me on this?

OHRoadwarrior

There are different laws for each state, however, generally, you must certify you are injured and reveal any sources of income you are receiving or have applied for. This allows them to see if you have a financial reason to want to be off work. A second form releases all medical records related to any areas you are currently being treated for in your case. This allows them to investigate the relationship to prior injuries with your current.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">