• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

working elswhere...benefits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goldfishes

What is the name of your state? California

Hi. Slipped and fell on a wet stair way where I was contracted to work. Hurt my shoulder. Didn't think i was getting any benefits aside from medical attention, because i hadn't heard anything in the weeks following my spill. (note: the term of that employment contract ended in september) Got bored working on my gut on the couch at home, so I found a temporary job outside of my field (and normal pay rate...50-75% reduction in pay) to occupy my time while it healed.
Insurance company just called asking about case. So
a) what kind of a case do i even have now because I took other employment?

b) can I recieve benefits because I'm not working in my normal field?

c) If my injury isn't healed when this job ends, and I can't find a new locale for employment, will I be able to recieve disability benefits?

d) was is a bad idea to take a job in the first place in this situatin? I"m not trying to work the system, but I don't want to end up strugglign because of it.
ANy thoughts?

pattytx

Goldfishes, you said where you were "contracted" to work. Where you an employee of the company? An employee of a staffing firm performing your services for this company? Or an independent contractor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">