• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workman Comp. not paying dr. and hospital bill due to coding error.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cafstr

Worksman's Comp. Not paying bills. Am I responsible to pay them.

There are 2 bills, 1 from doctor, 1 for hospital. These bills are from almost 3 years ago. As I stated before, Workman's Comp didn't pay them because parties had the wrong coding. When I talked to Workman's Comp, they said if the billers had put the right coding on, the bills would have been paid. They absolutely will not talk to each other. The bills aren't that much. I AM NOT SUING FOR MONEY OR ANYTHING ELSE. I was not hurt very much but the supervisor made me go to the emergency room. I couldn't have my insurance pay because it was a workman's comp. case. I have been on the phone for HOURS trying to talk to these people. The last time I called I got so frustrated I had to stop. I was making myself sick about all this. What I would like to know is if Workman's Comp never pays these, which I know they won't, am I legally responsible? When I talked to Workman's Comp, they advised me not to pay the bills. They also said the doctor and hospital shouldn't even be contacting me. I just want to know if I am legally responsible for the bills. Thanks. Cafstr
co

cafstr

workmans comp bil hospital bill

I forgot to add that WC told me what code they should use. When I told the dr and hospital what it was, they said that they couldn't change anything. It was not legal.

commentator

Why would you not take the advice of WC? They were giving you good advice. They were right, you had no choice but to use worker's comp for an on the job injury, that's the way it is supposed to work. You are NOT allowed to use your own insurance and pay for it out of your pocket, even if you are dumb enough to want to. So let's see. Both the hospital and the doctor's office used the wrong coding?

If the hospital and the doctor can't figure out how to code this bill, and keep calling you, don't talk to them. This is between them and the worker's comp division. That's all you need to tell them, and then then hang up. If they (one or both of them)have turned it over to an unscrupulous collection agency, even more so. They may tell you they're coming to your house tomorrow to take you to jail or something, but they're just hoping you will be dumb enough to send them the money, or part of the money. Keep referring them to worker's comp. It's not your problem that they won't talk to worker's comp. Worker's comp does not have to talk to them. They've found you an easy victim who keeps talking to them, and they've got you scared, and they're pursuing it.

They may threaten to damage your credit, they may threaten to garnish your wages, but really, have they done this yet?

Farren

I think you need to contact the admin department of your company and submit an application and complain for not paying up you on work injury expenses by your employer or WC. As it purely their responsibility to pay for any injury or damages occur to an on work employee. And you don't need to pay any of you medical bill from your personal insurance claim. And if they don't pay, you can also sue against your employer for the damages.

eerelations

I forgot to add that WC told me what code they should use. When I told the dr and hospital what it was, they said that they couldn't change anything. It was not legal.
What do you mean "it was not legal" - changing the codes is illegal? The new codes are illegal codes? What?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">