• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmans comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tigger28

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I was hurt as a cashier. i was lifting customers bags into thier cart and my left wrist started to hurt. i filled a report that day and went to their doctor the next day. the doctor said i had a sprained wrist and said i needed physical therapy. the insurance company denied my claim due to they said it was normal wear and tear. i went to my doctor and they put a referl in and i went to physical therapy and they diagnosed me with DeQuervan's Tenosynovitis. i tried to go to work today and they said that since it wasn't workmans comp that i have to stay home till i can work a 100%. can they do this?

Beth3

Yes they can. Your employer is not obligated to accommodate (or even attempt to accommodate) your temporary medical problem whether it's worker's comp or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">