• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmans comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tim tank

What is the name of your state? pa. Is there a limit to what workmans comp will pay if a person is killed on the job my brother was killed on the job and I do the same job and would like to know what kind of burden I would be leaving on my family should somthing were to happpen to me. do you know the $ amount

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tim tank said:
What is the name of your state? pa. Is there a limit to what workmans comp will pay if a person is killed on the job my brother was killed on the job and I do the same job and would like to know what kind of burden I would be leaving on my family should somthing were to happpen to me. do you know the $ amount

My response:

You have a run-on sentence. Try using "periods" between thoughts because it's a bit difficult to follow you. However, it appears you have two questions - - one about your deceased brother, and the other about yourself.

There's no way to answer your questions in terms of "Amounts". That question is "State" specific. Your brother's Estate is, in fact, entitled to Worker's Compensation benefits, but his wife, or next of kin; e.g. his children, are the ones entitled to make the claim.

Since you're obviously concerned about your family, what type of life insurance policies have you purchased? If you haven't, look into it.

IAAL

Beth3

"Is there a limit to what workmans comp will pay if a person is killed on the job my brother was killed on the job" Yes. Death benefits due to a occupational injury/illness are mandated by each State's WC claim. As IAAL has said, that dollar amount varies by State and your brother's next of kind should contact the employer to discuss this and verify that they've filed a claim with the WC carrier.

I expect they have as when an occupational death occurs, there is a very short mandated time frame to notify the State and OSHA.

If you are in a hazardous occupation, you may want to consider changing careers. Death benefits are all well and good but I expect your family would rather have you around than a check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">