• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workman's comp ????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sherwood1975

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington State
I have a question regarding my husband and a work injury that he had over 4 yrs ago.
ok, It started about 4 yrs ago. He was @ work and fell in between a metal plate and the semi truck, he was unloading. It started just as a small abrasion he was put on some meds and followed by the dr. then he got a large bump on the front of his shin (above the injury) He went back to the dr. they took a litter of blood out of his leg and put in a pic line to his heart he had that for a while and also had to back every other day to have the huge hole in his leg packed. He had surgey 2 yrs ago due to lack of circulation, vericous veins and the hole in his shin.(he was still driving a semi truck) he was off for 2 months or so. Then this last dec 03 he had surgery due to more vericous veigns, decreased circulation and the non healing hole. He has now been off since dec 03 and has been getting his regular wage from L&I. The dr. has told my husband that he needs to have another career and in Sep. he is going to be retrained to be a welder. The question that I have is my husbands leg will always have a problem and is considered a partial permant
disability. And we are assuming that when he is done being retrained that we are going to get a settlement. My husband will probably only allow him to work for 5 more yrs.(he is only 35) Should we get a lawyer so that he gets a larger settlement? What are the statue of limitations? Does he have to go back to school? Can he get a settlement with out going to school? How long can he get monies from Washington State? :(
And so on and so on

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">