• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workman's Comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tillett1972

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Florida

Is it ilegal to discontinue wokmns comp for no reason, or without warning. I dropped 5 stories with a floor above me,i have neck,back and hip injuries. what can I do.

Last edited:

NLW

Surely there was a reason - it just may not have been communicated well to you. Have you tried calling your adjuster to see why?

Did the adjuster....

Did the adjuster mail you a form 36-C discontinuing benefits? Did you preform light duty job searches if your doc did not give you TTD? (total temporary disability)
You fell 5 floors from what??? I am kind of confused on what happened. Could you clarify how the injury occurred and how long you worked their prior?

They have to notify you as to why the benefits cease. Otherwise, request a hearing. Usually the day before the hearing they send the money, so the commissioner does not give you interest on the delay.
Get the WC book and look in the back for delay in payment. Arrive ready with a list of why you are there and what happened. Also, if you mail anything to a claim adjuster, do it RETURN RECEIPT. They will claim they never got it. Faxing?? Get the copy showing the fax went through and hand it to the commissioner. They hate it when their time is wasted over little issues like this....feel better.....OK?

tillett1972

I'm sorry for not getting back with you.

Did the adjuster mail you a form 36-C discontinuing benefits? Did you preform light duty job searches if your doc did not give you TTD? (total temporary disability)
You fell 5 floors from what??? I am kind of confused on what happened. Could you clarify how the injury occurred and how long you worked their prior?

They have to notify you as to why the benefits cease. Otherwise, request a hearing. Usually the day before the hearing they send the money, so the commissioner does not give you interest on the delay.
Get the WC book and look in the back for delay in payment. Arrive ready with a list of why you are there and what happened. Also, if you mail anything to a claim adjuster, do it RETURN RECEIPT. They will claim they never got it. Faxing?? Get the copy showing the fax went through and hand it to the commissioner. They hate it when their time is wasted over little issues like this....feel better.....OK?

Hello,
My name is Tammy, Ii was workiing downtown jacksonville,we were adding another floor to the parkiing garage when it had collapsed,I dropped 5 sttories with a floor above me,Ime and 2 otthers were under it when iit had fallen,2 of us got out barely but 1 guy died less then 10 feet from us.

please excuse the spelling my letterss stick and I have to keep going or I will forget what I am sayiing,lol.

Ok Ii was iin the hospital for almost a month.
ii have 3 ruptured disks,my iinjuries are liife long injuriesnow,I'm not able to sleep no more tthen 4 hrs,II have head aches do to braiin trauma, my neck feels like its just hanging there by a thread. I had broken a bone in my foot and on top of all this I was diagnosed with PTSD, I am not ablee to stand,sit or walk for long period of iime.

My doctor had MMI'd me,sayiing I am as good as I can get,well there is a problem I am not able to do the things i use to do.i'm not able to lift anythiing,Ii am in consstant pain just don't see how this iis helping me.

I had lost my place twice and now Ii am staying wiith a friend.
Do you know how florida law works on workman's comp,what is the cap or what is the percentage rate for me,my rate that they gave me was 14% i don't know what that means really.

Also with only a 9th grade education ii'm not able to find a desk job,
I also have short term memory loss,i'm a mess.
I was healhy,sporty and now I have lost all of my ability,
Ok well enough fr now hope you get back with me.
thank you,
Tammy

tillett1972

personal injury

Hello,
My name is Tammy, I was workiing downtown jacksonville,we were adding another floor to the parkiing garage when it had collapsed,I dropped 5 stories with a floor above us,me and 2 otthers were under it when iit had fallen,2 of us got out barely but 1 guy died less then 10 feet from us.

please excuse the spelling my letterss stick and I have to keep going or I will forget what I am sayiing,lol.

Ok I was iin the hospital for almost a month.took me awhile to walk again,basicaly had to learn all over again.
ii have 3 ruptured disks,my iinjuries are liife long injuries now,I'm not able to sleep no more then 4 hrs,II have head aches do to braiin trauma, my neck feels like its just hanging there by a thread. I had broken a bone in my foot and on top of all this I was diagnosed with PTSD, I am not ablee to stand,sit or walk for long period of time.

My doctor had MMI'd me,sayiing I am as good as I can get,well there is a problem I am not able to do the things i use to do.i'm not able to lift anythiing,Ii am in consstant pain just don't see how this iis helping me.so workman's comp discontinued my checks.

I had lost my place twice and now Iam staying wiith a friend.
Do you know how florida law works on workman's comp,what is the cap or what is the percentage rate for me,my rate that they gave me was 14% i don't know what that means really.

Also with only a 9th grade education ii'm not able to find a desk job,
I also have short term memory loss,i'm a mess.
I was healthy,sporty and now I have lost all of my ability,
Ok well enough for now hope you get back with me.
thank you,
Tammy

Last edited:

campguy

Is this a Work Comp Dr who is treating you? It seems like a low rating. Is the MRI the only test they gave? There's other test they can do. Have you been in PT?
My advice would to be to seek a Work Comp Attorney to get your benifits started back and get a good Ortho Dr. Sounds to me the IC is trying to get you off there books....

Good Luck.....

NLW

You should be entitled to a vocational rehabilitation benefit to help you train and locate gainful employment. You should call your workers' compensation adjuster and inquire about this benefit.

I agree with CampGuy in that your rating does seem somewhat low, but ratings in FL often are (FL uses their own method to determine impairment, and does not utilize the AMA Guides). Without a thorough review of your medical records, it would be impossible for anyone here to accurately provide an impairment rating. You could also ask your adjuster about getting a second opinion and see if another doctor will rate you - this may at least give you some piece of mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">