• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmans comp buisness in escrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sarah123

What is the name of your state?california, I am a preschool teacher and have worked at the same school for twenty one years.recently the owner has decided to sell her property and retire. i have had constent reacurring back pain that i know is work related. this property is in a 60 day escrow...can i file a workmans comp case...and what happens when the buisness closes? thanks

Beth3

Yes, you can file a WC claim. As to what will happen when the business is no longer in existance, that depends on the fine print of the WC insurance contract between the employer and their insurance carrier, and/or your State's WC regulations.

P.S. Just because you believe it's work-related doesn't mean it is. Many individuals are certain some ache or pain is caused by work which cannot be medically substantiated. Regardless, you're free to file a WC claim and see what determination on liability is made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">