• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workmans Comp California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimnyc

Thank you so much Nelliebell. Sounds like you have insight on how companies work. Now that she reported the CFO to HR he was made to apologize and HR did say it was not appropriate. Now the CFO acknowloedged the fact sh.e is a manager working positions and now he is claiming to be proactive in hiring more people. Sounds like he knew what he said was wrong since he called my mother with HR present to apologize. He was wrong in approaching a family member trying to find out if my mom is lying about injury. I'm glad HR saw the inappropriatness. Thanks so much for your honest insight Nellie. If your are looking for honest advice without a chip on the shoulder find another law forum. Or I suggest you stick around and keep answering. Thanks again. Take care.
"Thank you for agreeing with me and telling me what I want to hear. Other people have issues if they don't agree with me"

And you still have no legal issue, nor was anything done out of "protocol".

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Actually it happened yesterday before I left work. Thank you
Let's be clear about something. Even if this were true (it's not) and this did happen (it didn't), quincy's response to you is still correct and appropriate with respect to employment law, and you came here looking for legal advice.

The CFO can be required to apologize, or acknowledge whatever, or hire more people, or dance the hokey pokey if that's how his superiors choose to handle the matter. They were not, however, legally required to do so. Nothing wrongful happened from a legal standpoint, and there was no illegal harassment. If you got what you wanted (you didn't) you got lucky.

nkechiye

I understand I have no legal merit thanks. It got my mother what she needed so HR knew it was inappropriate the opinions of others are just that..opinions. thanks for the advice. Have a wonderful day. Thanks again to Nellibelle.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Let's be clear about something. Even if this were true (it's not) and this did happen (it didn't), quincy's response to you is still correct and appropriate with respect to employment law, and you came here looking for legal advice.

The CFO can be required to apologize, or acknowledge whatever, or hire more people, or dance the hokey pokey if that's how his superiors choose to handle the matter. They were not, however, legally required to do so. Nothing wrongful happened from a legal standpoint, and there was no illegal harassment. If you got what you wanted (you didn't) you got lucky.
Yeah, THAT!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I understand I have no legal merit thanks. It got my mother what she needed so HR knew it was inappropriate the opinions of others are just that..opinions. thanks for the advice. Have a wonderful day. Thanks again to Nellibelle.
Nellibelle did nothing for you. :rolleyes:

Ladyback1

You were not there. If it were innocent he would have stopped at how is your mother. Also employers cant restrict activities outside of work especially on doctors order. I have been working here 7 years and this was not innocent. He lied about my brother calling in order to be able to tell me this. also the tone with which he said and they have been writing her up prior for being hurt. Sounds to me like they have something brewing. Id rather overreact than do nothing. You have to protect yourself because companies are sneaky. This was not an overreaction. If you only have a comment with no regard to help, keep your comment to yourself. Id rather you say nothing than belittle my concerns. If it was innocent I wouldnt not bere here
With Work Comp: A doctor can take a person off of work, but the doctor needs to provide physical and activity restrictions/limits (such as no lift over 5#, no standing more than xx hrs/day, etc.) Those restrictions apply not only to employment but all activities. So, yes, a company can make sure that an employee is following the restrictions while an employee is off of work. (do you know how many companies hire PIs to watch work comp claimants??) If an "injured" worker can be outside working in the garden, then why can't they be at work??

Your mother, if SHE has concerns, should consult an attorney well-versed in CA Work Comp laws.
You should get assuming things and making an issue with things.

quincy

There are a few threads created on this forum that I know in advance will end with an undeserved thank you to Nellibelle for providing platitudes and absolutely nothing of legal worth. This was one of those.

It is a sad use of this forum but it is what it is.

(a note to a few "new" members: your private message activities and your switching of identities prior to first posting are not a secret - perhaps you want to rethink your tactics?)

Thank you so much Nelliebell. Sounds like you have insight on how companies work. Now that she reported the CFO to HR he was made to apologize and HR did say it was not appropriate. Now the CFO acknowloedged the fact sh.e is a manager working positions and now he is claiming to be proactive in hiring more people. Sounds like he knew what he said was wrong since he called my mother with HR present to apologize. He was wrong in approaching a family member trying to find out if my mom is lying about injury. I'm glad HR saw the inappropriatness. Thanks so much for your honest insight Nellie. If your are looking for honest advice without a chip on the shoulder find another law forum. Or I suggest you stick around and keep answering. Thanks again. Take care.
Thank you, nkechiye! It was only my common sense that picked up on the fact your CFO acted inappropriately toward you, but alas, "Common sense isn't so common" as many believe Mark Twain said. A lack of common sense is surely evident elsewhere in this thread.

And yes, nkechiye, I do have much insight on how companies work. Having worked in several companies over the years, I've gained much insight as to what is appropriate and what is not appropriate concerning the behavior of co-workers as well as Superiors. I certainly appreciate the fact you detected my heartfelt response to your issues concerning your Mother and the unprofessional behavior of your CFO. Good luck to you!

There are a few threads created on this forum that I know in advance will end with an undeserved thank you to Nellibelle for providing platitudes and absolutely nothing of legal worth. This was one of those.

(a note to a few "new" members: your private message activities and your switching of identities prior to first posting are not a secret - perhaps you want to rethink your tactics?)
Ahhh, so if someone gives thanks to me concerning a post I make, it is not deserved, but if someone gives thanks to you, then you are deserving of such thanks, eh? I distinctly remember a couple posts of yours that were not accurate at all, but yet you received thanks anyway.

I think you are over-reacting a bit about the activities you claim is going on about identity changing. :rolleyes:

No he wasn't, not even slightly. If they received a telephone call, then he was following up on it. Furthermore, this is a LEGAL site, and nothing whatsoever was illegal or against 'protocol'.

nkechiye - just as an Fyi - this poster, "Nellie", strolled in here for their own help with legal issues, and then decided to stay and give out loads of emotional advice ever since, in addition to incorrect legal advice.
If you look at the OP's post subsequent to yours, you will see that the CFO was directed to apologize for inappropriate behavior toward the OP! "Inappropriate behavior" is wrong! Therefore, YOU are wrong for disagreeing with what I said in my post! ;)

Further, if you go back and read my first post in this forum, I was not seeking help with my legal issues, I was seeking opinions regarding the legal steps I was considering. As it was, I resolved my issues with no help what-so-ever by members of this forum.

Proserpina

You are the Polamalu of this forum, quincy.

Nellie on the other hand? Tebow.

quincy

Thank you, nkechiye! It was only my common sense that picked up on the fact your CFO acted inappropriately toward you, but alas, "Common sense isn't so common" as many believe Mark Twain said. A lack of common sense is surely evident elsewhere in this thread.

And yes, nkechiye, I do have much insight on how companies work. Having worked in several companies over the years, I've gained much insight as to what is appropriate and what is not appropriate concerning the behavior of co-workers as well as Superiors. I certainly appreciate the fact you detected my heartfelt response to your issues concerning your Mother and the unprofessional behavior of your CFO. Good luck to you!
It would be nice if at some point in time you could earn pats-on-the-back honestly, Nellibelle. These phony threads just make you look sad and pathetic.

Have you tried a forum that doesn't involve the law and the need for legally correct responses?

(defaming Tebow, Pro? ;))

Last edited:

Ladyback1

:rolleyes::confused::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You have little to no clue as to legalities...I have yet to see you actually post a helpful and correct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">