• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmans comp injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hgga

What is the name of your state? ky Last Tues I was injured at work and went to their medical facility to be seen by a doc. I could not pick up anything with my right hand or use my thumb and was told I could not go back to work until released. Yesterday 7 days later my employer called me to inform me that they had another job I could do. I was working 5:00 am till 1:30 pm and the job they want me to work is 8:30 pm to 7:00am. I am 47 years old and have no interest in working those hours. If I turn down the job will I be able to receive workmans comp until I am fully healed in a few weeks

weenor

hgga said:
What is the name of your state? ky Last Tues I was injured at work and went to their medical facility to be seen by a doc. I could not pick up anything with my right hand or use my thumb and was told I could not go back to work until released. Yesterday 7 days later my employer called me to inform me that they had another job I could do. I was working 5:00 am till 1:30 pm and the job they want me to work is 8:30 pm to 7:00am. I am 47 years old and have no interest in working those hours. If I turn down the job will I be able to receive workmans comp until I am fully healed in a few weeks
Probably not- some insurers would pay, many won't because you have been released to light duty, the employer is providing light duty and you are refusing it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">