• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmans comp injury than no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tdennis0229

undefinedflorida
I was injured on the job, was out for four weeks total the ver same day that i came back from the clinic to tell my supervisor i was now limited to useage of my left arm she told me to go home that they would not let me work the next day the company cancelled my insurance and dental and put me on a cobra plan i went from 20$ a week to 320. a month to keep my benefits i have been back for a month now and they are now telling me that the four weeks i paid and now next pay they will double up for two pay periods and they will be back to full benefits so my question is if you are on workmans comp company pays some of your medical and dental can they cancell it on you the first full day you are out of work and then make you pay full price twice???

D

D B Cooper

They can if they can get away with it. You should of had an Attorney, or one who specialized in wc

dtown7

If you are on work comp and your insurance premiums are taken out of your paycheck then they should have notified you so you could send in your premium payments. The Cobra program from my understanding is if you are fired you can continue keep your insurance through Cobra at those ridiculous premiums. I mailed in my payments for 5 months when I was on work comp.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">