• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmans comp overpayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mawmaw70816

What is the name of your state?state - Louisiana

I was injured on the job in 1988 and received payment through workmans comp until I returned to work (doing same type of work for same company) in 1991. I am now ready to retire after 23 years of service and was told that I was overpaid by workmans comp in the amount of $6000 and that my retirement cannot even be figured until this is repaid. I had no knowledge of this over payment until now. Am I liable for this? Is there a statute of limitations? Does this relate to my retirement benefits? I have since divorced and since my ex-husband figures in my retirement computation, can he be liable for some of this debt if, in fact, I am obligated to repay this sum?

winky

????????????????

***What is the name of your state?state - Louisiana

I was injured on the job in 1988 and received payment through workmans comp until I returned to work (doing same type of work for same company) in 1991. I am now ready to retire after 23 years of service and was told that I was overpaid by workmans comp in the amount of $6000 and that my retirement cannot even be figured until this is repaid. I had no knowledge of this over payment until now. Am I liable for this? Is there a statute of limitations? Does this relate to my retirement benefits? I have since divorced and since my ex-husband figures in my retirement computation, can he be liable for some of this debt if, in fact, I am obligated to repay this sum?

MawMaw~
Can you explain in detail HOW you were overpayed by Workman's Comp?
Winky

mawmaw70816

They said that they figured the amount wrong and paid me too much. They did not dispute the fact that I was entitled to payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">