• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workman's Comp Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flyboynm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico

I shattered my left ankle at work. I was told that an ankle fracture is a "scheduled" injury. I was also told that the resulting depression has caused me to probably qualify for a "whole body injury". I know that these issues are based upon my salary, which was say $65k. (that is not my salary, but I do not want to release that information.)

What is the difference between a scheduled and a whole body injury? What is the maximum award and is it based upon my salary? I am completely lost when it comes to this and my attorney is a completely worthless until I am declared Maximum Medical Improvement. I have been told it is approximately 20% disability in the ankle.

I KNOW this is not a thing that you can give specifics nor would you be comfortable to makes specifics. I just want a ball park range, if there is a maximum here and such. I am curious is all. With the ball park range, you say the way the formula works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">