• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workmans comp ???'s from CO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Corockgirl

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I work for a large store within a store company and I hurt my back on the job last Oct 26, 2001. I filed the claim cause I was told to do so and was out of work initially for 17days.
After being harrased into going back to work to bring up holiday sales I reluctantly went on pain killers and very much out of it and had to hold myself up with a desk or a chair thru. Christmas. On Jan 05 2002 after the holiday rush...they fired me. For no reason.
Currently I am still on workmans comp not working and in an extreme amount of pain. I saw a surgon after the MRI and he said I needed to get surgury. Than I got pregnant:rolleyes:
Now workmans comp has stopped paying my checks and keep changing the story as to why all the time. My doctor says I cannot have the surgury until next year for obvious reasons.
I am still in an extreme amount of pain from my bulging disk in my lower back and worse...the DR. says that as my baby gets bigger Ill probably be on bedrest. Can they just stop my payments like that??? What should I do now??

Also I would like to know if I have a case for wrongful termination based on the fact that they gave me no reason and I had never recieved any counsel or warnings ever.
Thank you for your time.
~Rain

Beth3

You have a complicated situation. You need to consult with a Worker's Comp attorney - you need considerably more expertise and help that what you'd receive from a public bulletin board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">