• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workmans Comp and Statue of Limitations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

XenanRoc

What is the name of your state? California

My issue is I was put on permenant disability by the workmans comp doctor I was assigned. My issue is this, in June 2006 I was given a letter by the company that they over paid me 357.98, and when I called I was told that it was only an overpayment of 9.00. Then when the doctor put me on permanent disabilty in Nov 2006, they sent me a letter saying there is now an overpayment of 3,395.33, which to me is hilarious(not in the funny sense) when they stopped paying on March 2006, so I have not been collecting anything from them after March and the first letter was drafted in June, now since its a permanent disabilty they state that the over payment is over 3,000 dollars and they refuse to pay me anything for my disabilty. Here's what upsets me, I have been nothing but relaxed as they jerked me around time after time, thinking that they would take care of me. And, now to have that thrown in my face is erking me and I want some compensation, I am 25 years old, have been going to school for Criminal Justice and planned on persuing a career in Law enforcement which is now a gone goal in my life! (I even passed the P.O.S.T. test) I am hurt that they think I am only worth a couple thousand dollars when they ruined my dreams! So, I guess I am asking if the injury happened in Jan 2006, what is the statue of limitations on me suing them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">