• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmanscomp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

george729236

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama ?about workmanscomp been on comp since 03-29-2011 back injury had mmi of 5% caint go back to work with restrictions so they offered me 6200 then i said what about vocational and they said they do 10000 is that good or not ......thanks in advance

Last edited:

Ladyback1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama ?about workmanscomp been on comp since 03-29-2011 back injury had mmi of 5% caint go back to work with restrictions so they offered me 6200 then i said what about vocational and they said they do 10000 is that good or not ......thanks in advance
A voc rehab assessment, plan and whatnot can easily run about $5k. They are low-balling you, especially if you are relatively young and/or have significant restrictions. Plus, if they agree to a voc rehab plan, they may be liable to not only pay for the retraining but also the time loss (basically what you were being paid while off of work). Are you employable at all, or just not employable in your time of injury job (or similar type of work)? Does your doctor support voc rehab? Have you talked to a comp attorney? And please do yourself a HUGE favor--make sure the attorney you talk to is well versed in comp law.

What are you wanting to re-train to become? How does that correlate to your education, prior work experience, interests/knowledge?
I ask this because if you have a back injury, no one is going to agree to a voc program to retrain you as a truck driver. If you had carpal tunnel, no one would pay for you to become a stenographer....see where I'm going.

If you're serious about voc rehab--hold out. Talk to an attorney. Be able to present your argument for at the very least a voc assessment.

george729236

A voc rehab assessment, plan and whatnot can easily run about $5k. They are low-balling you, especially if you are relatively young and/or have significant restrictions. Plus, if they agree to a voc rehab plan, they may be liable to not only pay for the retraining but also the time loss (basically what you were being paid while off of work). Are you employable at all, or just not employable in your time of injury job (or similar type of work)? Does your doctor support voc rehab? Have you talked to a comp attorney? And please do yourself a HUGE favor--make sure the attorney you talk to is well versed in comp law.

What are you wanting to re-train to become? How does that correlate to your education, prior work experience, interests/knowledge?
I ask this because if you have a back injury, no one is going to agree to a voc program to retrain you as a truck driver. If you had carpal tunnel, no one would pay for you to become a stenographer....see where I'm going.

If you're serious about voc rehab--hold out. Talk to an attorney. Be able to present your argument for at the very least a voc assessment.
i was a satellite installer for the last 10 yrs and idk what i want to do now i just seen where people got more for using vocational and i dont wanta get screwed and im 39 they said i could lift 40 lbs but i caint

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">