• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workmen comp issue relating to my move back to canada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mapleleaf

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hi,

I had a question regarding workmen compensation. I am a Canadain working on TN VIsa and is recently laid off. I am still currently on workmen compensation on a work related back injury hosted through a private insurance company. I had taken physical therapy and medication but the injury still need treatment.

My dilemma is that I will be back in Canada soon permenantly, and when I talk to the insurance company regarding how to claim my medical expense relating to the injury while I am back in Canada, he answered he has not handle such cases before and do not know what the procedure is and whether the claim will be paid. Am I caught dead in this situation or is there other options. Much appreciated if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

dtown7

The insurance adjuster needs to find out how to handle the situation since they are in charge of paying the bills. You might try contacting the local Work Comp Commission in the city where you were injuried to see if they could possibly give you any information. You usually have lifetime benefits when your injured on a job so maybe the insurance adjuster is just hoping you'll go away and they don't have to pay anymore of your medical bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">