• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workplace Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rtanner68

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

4 months ago I injured myself at work. My employer is a small business, and at the time told me that he did not have workers comp insurance. He said he would pay for any medical expenses though. He sent me to an Emergency USA clinic. Five days later I had an allergic reaction to the medicine they prescribed me. It almost killed me.

I had to rush to the hospital, and two weeks later I r ecieved the bill. It was $1,400. I have proof from the hospital that the reaction was due to the medicine they prescribed me. It was relateed to my work injury.

My employer agreed to pay the bill. As of three months later, he has not. The hospital has threaten to go to collections, putting a black mark on my credit. I showed this to my employer, he said that he they were having a hard time to pay the bill. Its a medium sized used car dealership, fully licensed and legally bonded.

I dont want my credit hurt because they are too cheap and are trying to slithur from the labor laws. Do I have a case here, and where to I go to report it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">