• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workplace injury/lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qwe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I had have job injury,claim that trough work comp....but returning to regular work my employer did not do nothing to prevent myself from future injury,even after I file complaint to HR.Now I geting hurt more then before.May I file lawsuit against employer for neglect?

commentator

I had have job injury,claim that trough work comp....but returning to regular work my employer did not do nothing to prevent myself from future injury,even after I file complaint to HR.Now I geting hurt more then before.May I file lawsuit against employer for neglect?
The only remedy for work related injury is worker's comp. Were you fully released to return to work with no restrictions after your prior worker's comp case? Have you been hurt again? and have you notified your employer that you have this new injury?

If my employer is asking me to do something that is dangerous or is hurting me, I think it would be a good idea, after trying to resolve the issue unsuccessfully, to talk to OSHA in your state.

qwe

yes I been inju:confused:red again,and I try everything under company policy....they do not care.I will contact OSHA,thank's for advice.

OHRoadwarrior

What exactly is causing you injury? Would it cause other persons performing the same work injury? If it is only you, this is due to the previous injury likely and you were not capable of returning to work. The employer is not necessarily required to modify a job, just so you might return to work from an injury.

Only workmans comp for you. go ahead and file an osha complaint ... it wont hurt you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">