• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen funds from my acct. at my bank.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PTK

Dear Forum Users, I live in NJ,the other partie a BANK is located in NYC, soon I'll be filing a civil lawsuit against the bank.My question is: Can I use taped conversations I had with the BANKS investigative officer as evidence in court,and was it within my legal rights to make such recordings.Also,do I have a right to obtain the BANKS (investigative officers) file of my case which I presume holds detailed records of how exactly several thousand $$$ was electronicly stolen from my acct. If,so how can I obtain the file as the BANK will not release it to me.

P

PTK

PTK said:
Dear Forum Users, I live in NJ,the other partie a BANK is located in NYC, soon I'll be filing a civil lawsuit against the bank.My question is: Can I use taped conversations I had with the BANKS investigative officer as evidence in court,and was it within my legal rights to make such recordings.Also,do I have a right to obtain the BANKS (investigative officers) file of my case which I presume holds detailed records of how exactly several thousand $$$ was electronicly stolen from my acct. If,so how can I obtain the file as the BANK will not release it to me.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Depending on the precise rules under the Freedom of Information Act, you may be able to subpoena those records in preparation for a lawsuit/trial.
As to recording conversations without the other person's knowledge:

http://www.rtnda.org/resources/hiddencamera/allstates.html

You will find both New York and New Jersey in there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">