• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can emailing random colleagues with private details of my kid land me in trouble?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badmouthed

What is the name of your state? TN

My daughter at college refuses all communication with me, brainwashed by her mother into thinking I abused her, and telling that her college friends and colleagues. I tried emailing her the expensive forensic pyschological asssesment I paid for her that concluded I did nothing wrong and actually her mother alienated and psychologically abused her, and spelled out a plan for me to reconcile with her, which her mother refused to comply with.

My daughter deletes or blocks all emails from me so she won't ever see the report (which I'm sure was encouraged by her mother due to how damning the reports is regarding her mother's actions)

I've reached out to the Dean of Students to reach out to her but they won't get involved and refused to reach out, since it's "not their job" and has no clue regarding the complexity of parental alienation and brainwashing which is very rare to this extent.

Can I get in legal trouble for randomly emailing students at my daughter's university with other side of the story and this forensic report until my daughter communicates or the Dean of Students decides to finally help?

Just Blue

My daughter at college refuses all communication with me, brainwashed by her mother into thinking I abused her, and telling that her college friends and colleagues. I tried emailing her the expensive forensic pyschological asssesment I paid for her that concluded I did nothing wrong and actually her mother alienated and psychologically abused her, and spelled out a plan for me to reconcile with her, which her mother refused to comply with.

My daughter deletes or blocks all emails from me so she won't ever see the report (which I'm sure was encouraged by her mother due to how damning the reports is regarding her mother's actions)

I've reached out to the Dean of Students to reach out to her but they won't get involved and refused to reach out, since it's "not their job" and has no clue regarding the complexity of parental alienation and brainwashing which is very rare to this extent.

Can I get in legal trouble for randomly emailing students at my daughter's university with other side of the story and this forensic report until my daughter communicates or the Dean of Students decides to finally help?
What a bizarrely inappropriate thing to do!
If/When your daughter is ready, she will contact you, until then do not harass her in anyway or you, yourself, will further alienate her and possibly end up with a restraining order and or criminal harassment charges.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member

Yes, you might get intro legal trouble doing that. Your daughter has made it clear to you that she wants no contact with you. As a result, your repeated efforts to do just that may amount to illegal harassment. In attention to whatever penalties your state has regarding that, you might end up served with a court order that prohibits you from any contact with her either directly or through other people. Furthermore, sending out information about her throughout her college would set you up for defamation lawsuit if it turns out that any negative factual statement you made about her is false, she may be able to sue you defamation.

The worst part of it is that as your daughter learns about these attempts the likely effect will be just the opposite of what you want. She's likely to look at that as part of pressure campaign to get her to talk you and she'd very likely resent you for it. It would add more to whatever evidence has that you are harassing her.

You can't force her to read your messages or take your calls. You can't force her into renewing a more solid daughter relationship. She's going to have to make her own decision that she wants to talk to you. The key is to be there when she's ready to talk you and to ensure you don't start off beating with a stick over ignoring you. That's already been done. If she's willing, a consultation with a counselor who can evaluate everthing to decide what to recommend to the judge. Lifting those orders though does not mean you are clear to try to contact her. That decision is made on a case-by-case basis.

The best thing to do may be to talk this over with family law attorny about what to expect.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

The Dean will not get involved. Period.

As for emailing her friends/colleagues? What makes you think your emails will be of any interest to them? If I received such an email, I'd read it out of curiosity, think my friend/colleague was right about her father, and then block further contact from you.

At the end of the day, this is between you and your daughter. You might consider talking to a therapist for ideas regarding the best way to reconnect. What you're doing isn't it.

zddoodah

Yes. At best, you might find yourself on the wrong end of a restraining order. Don't harass others - particularly people who might know your daughter and who might form negative opinions about her as a result of what you do - regarding your personal relationships.

badmouthed

The Dean will not get involved. Period.
Why won't/can't the Dean reach out? Nothing stopping the Dean from reaching out, from what I was told, until the Dean was told not to talk to me by the alienator, her mother. The Dean wouldnt even read the forensic assessment for the persuasive facts (and there is a TON of persuasive evidence in my favor) If the Dean read it, and reached out to my daughter and she read it, daughter might change her stance. Everyone says wait till she's ready but with parental alienation that could take 10-20 years and I have a medical condition the doctor says I dont have much time.

Yeah I know it's not a great idea but I just want to know the legality because since it's not a great idea, rather than do that, my actual idea was to tell the Dean I might just do that (if I'm legally able to) in order to convince the Dean to follow through on her word to reach out like she said she would. Because if I WERE to do that it might make it an issue the Dean would be concerned with, which is her school performance. Yeah not a good idea but nobody has any better ideas and my time is running very short now after exhausting all my other options. Can't find anybody else to reach out

badmouthed

Because it is not the Dean's job to sort out relationship issues between students and parents. How old is your daughter?
She's 19. All I want is somebody to tell my daughter "your father loves you and the forensic evidence does not indicate any abuse except by your mother, despite you claiming your father abused you". I'm trying to remove the excuses so there's no valid excuse for the Dean to shed light on the situation

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She's 19. All I want is somebody to tell my daughter "your father loves you and the forensic evidence does not indicate any abuse except by your mother, despite you claiming your father abused you". I'm trying to remove the excuses so there's no valid excuse for the Dean to shed light on the situation
I understand. But... this is neither the Dean's place nor job. Frankly, I'm surprised they're even entertaining your calls.

quincy

All you are accomplishing with your attempts to reach out to your daughter is to scare your daughter. You are reinforcing what she’s been told about you.

If you love your daughter as much as you say, then you will let her decide if/when she wants to communicate with you.

I am sorry you have health issues but this shouldn’t be about you. It should be about what is best for your daughter. Stalking her is not what is best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">