• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adopting a Step-Son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dark_artist69

What is the name of your state? TEXAS,

I have recently been married but I have been with "my son" since he was 2, he is 8 now. I want to adopt him and make it all official.

There is no name on the birth certificate for a father, nor has that person ever been in his life.

Where do I go from here?

Thank you for your time.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? TEXAS,

I have recently been married but I have been with "my son" since he was 2, he is 8 now. I want to adopt him and make it all official.

There is no name on the birth certificate for a father, nor has that person ever been in his life.

Where do I go from here?

Thank you for your time.
Where you go from here is that you hire an adoption attorney. A stepparent adoption is NOT a DYI project. Most likely it would be a fairly easy process with an attorney, since apparently the biological father would have met the state standards for abandonment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">