• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption and Social Security Death Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsCuda73

INDIANA Our Grandaughter came to us at 4 days old via Foster Care. We have had her for 21 months now and started adoption proceedings. We had to wait for adoption hearing through the state to be approved to adopt her and we were approved on the 15th of March,2001. Our lawyer was paid in full and all information given to him for adoption by my husband and myself. On the 20th of March, 2001, my husband passed away, very unexpectedly. I now am adopting her, but they won't include my husband on birth certificate, therefore no death benefits for her or myself from Social Security, I am under 60. Anyone with verifiable information, I would love to hear from.

Thanks!

D

dorenephilpot

Your best source of info is your existing attorney, who knows all the facts of the case.

If he can't or won't answer your questions, please e-mail me and I'll try to help. OK?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">