• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father disowns me, would like to have Step-father renamed as father on birth records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iowaredhed

:confused: I am a 26 year old female... My biological father has disowned me because I act like my mother and he divorced my mother( NICE HUH) I would like for him to be removed from my birth certificate...I want no part of him. I would like my Step-father who has been a father to me to be my father. I want this legal. I would like to take his last name and be free of my biological fathers name all together. Is there something easy that I can do to make this happen? Do I have to have him adopt me legally even though I am an adult? Where do I start? Anyone that can help me...I would be grateful to. Thank youhelp me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">