+ Reply to Thread

Force dissolving adoption

My son was placed into custody pf child protective services 7 years ago due to my drug use. He was then later adopted by my father and step mother. Since then child protective services got involved again and gave me back my son as my parents were deemed unfit and I have been clean for over 3 years and have been actively engaged in treatment. I now have legal permanent guardianship of my biological son. My son now has the constant fear that they will try to take him back. I'm trying to either adopt him back or dissolve the adoption. This is in oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Corinnaw View Post
    My son was placed into custody pf child protective services 7 years ago due to my drug use. He was then later adopted by my father and step mother. Since then child protective services got involved again and gave me back my son as my parents were deemed unfit and I have been clean for over 3 years and have been actively engaged in treatment. I now have legal permanent guardianship of my biological son. My son now has the constant fear that they will try to take him back. I'm trying to either adopt him back or dissolve the adoption. This is in oregon.
    You won't be able to dissolve the adoption. The only way they could have adopted is if your rights were terminated. Apparently they were. You would need to have their rights terminated but that is extremely difficult to do. You would need an attorney. Right now this child is your brother.

Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    It was child protective services who terminated my rights and then gave my son back to me because my parents were not providing a safe, clean, and clean and sober home for him. I am going to call an attorney after the new year. I have looked into getting their parental rights terminated but I worry about what that means for my son. Can I legally adopt him back after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Corinnaw View Post
    It was child protective services who terminated my rights and then gave my son back to me because my parents were not providing a safe, clean, and clean and sober home for him. I am going to call an attorney after the new year. I have looked into getting their parental rights terminated but I worry about what that means for my son. Can I legally adopt him back after that?
    It is NOT that easy to terminate someone's rights. And this is NOT your son -- he is legally your brother now. You might be able to legally adopt him IF the state decides to terminate your parents rights. However, CPS works on reunifying with the parents.

Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
+ Reply to Thread