• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SCOTTNEEDSTONO

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? connecticut. So I seem to be having a bit of trouble navigating this site. Sorry . (What the heck is a tag or thread anyway?) So what was that answer again. What are you trying to say? No, Nodda, no-way jose? I suppose I should make this young man call me step dad or perhaps Scott, but by his choice he calls me Dad. Given that the relationship between him and his biological father, perhaps he should start referring to him as a "sperm donor", (if he ever referrs to him at all) and me as the guy that is always there for him. You see part of the reason that I will be seeking an adoption of this outstanding young man, is to insure that he will remain in my life regardless of any circumstances between me and his mother, be it death or divorce. Every boy deserves a positive roll model and Dad. Some men shun thier responsibility, some of us dont. I can only imagine the man I would be had my step-dad not adopted me and taught me to be a man. I have no doubt that when my wife and I serve this SPERM DONOR with orders to appear in court for a child support hearing, he will no doubt sign the papers terminating his parental rghts, rather then step up to the plate and be a dad to this kid.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
And by alienating this boy from his FATHER, you are risking your wife's CUSTODY if Dad decided to fight for it.

The answer remains NO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">