+ Reply to Thread

They signed there roommates name not their own on papers served to them.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois. I'm in the middle of having one of my parents adopt my child from the other biological parent. But the court document that got served to them they signed their roommates name not their own and sent it in. Now two months later my lawer finally tells me it was wrong signature and has to be redone. The other biological called the lawer and me we all talked and they said they signed it and sent it in themselves. Is this illigal for them to do? To sign someone else's name on their papers hoping it will delay proceedings or just to be an ahole and waste everyones time and money?

Also,

It was paper that if not responded to in 30 it goes thru anyways. Does sending it it with wrong name reset that clock or can we just go with it like it wasn't responded to since they signed wrong name themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AdoptHelp2017 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois. I'm in the middle of having one of my parents adopt my child from the other biological parent. But the court document that got served to them they signed their roommates name not their own and sent it in. Now two months later my lawer finally tells me it was wrong signature and has to be redone. The other biological called the lawer and me we all talked and they said they signed it and sent it in themselves. Is this illigal for them to do? To sign someone else's name on their papers hoping it will delay proceedings or just to be an ahole and waste everyones time and money?
    So you are giving up your rights as well?

Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    OP is using gender-neutral language.

OP - why are you not asking your lawyer these questions? And please, clean up your language - there are plenty of words to use in place of barely disguised obscenities - this forum does not apppreciate such verbiage. Consider it good practice for court. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread