• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abusive, Permanently Disabled, Ex-Military man leaves wife and daughter in the lurch.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

autumn1103

I am not sure if I am putting this in the right forum, but am hoping I can get some help anyway. I have a friend who seriously needs some help. Her husband was in the army, but was discharged after he incurred an injury and is now considered permanently disabled for service connected right shoulder injury and PTSD with bipoloar manic depression. The entire time they were together he would not allow her to work. She stayed home with their daughter. His abuse increasingly got worse and she had finally had enough and kicked him out. He has just recently stopped any type of support for her and her daughter. He says that the 500 she gets from social security is enough. She lives in California. Five hundred dollars does not go very far. She is currently searching for a job, but since she only has a high school education and hasn't worked since 1992 she's having a hard time finding something. She has less than a week to pay her rent and her PG&E. She can't get ahold of veterans affairs to ask for help. I have tried and cannot get ahold of them either. Says circuits are busy. She does not have the money or resources to look for legal help. And he just now stopped the child support he was sending and also cancelled her auto insurance, and the car was never put in her name. He refused to do it. She's caught between a rock and a hard place. Please if anyone has any advice on services that may be available to her, and what she should do, please email me or post a response here. She is in poor health and all the stress of this is making it worse. I am fearing that this is going to kill her and leave her daughter to be sent to her husband, who was abusive to her as well. Please any info, would be greatly appreciated. And the sooner the better.
Sincerely, Autumn [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">