• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can anyone on this planet tell me why i am paying child support?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Custodial vs custodial as far as I have seen means absolutely nothing. I have the kids exactly half the time and do everything for them that they need. I am a hands on dad and do not see why me earning 6% more means that I give her anything. Thanks
You are also arrogant and insulting. You don't get to insult people just because you don't like what they have to say. I am sure that that arrogance and behavior has carried over in your dealings with the court.

LdiJ

EXACTLY half the time....
We asked you how much you pay in child support. You answered that with "the same amount I would pay..."

We asked you what your timeshare was. You answered with exactly half.

Neither ones of your responses actually answered the questions asked. I you think its none of our business, then take your questions to a local attorney to whom you can provide the necessary information to get you the info you need.

mshockey17

The devil's in the details. What is your *specific* time-share (particularly overnights)? Is the support court-ordered (i.e. per the NYS calculator), or was the amount agreed upon by the two of you and then included in the order? Was the support ordered while there was a different time-share and not modified when parenting time was (if it was)? How are insurance, day/after school care (if applicable), extracurricular expenses, etc. allocated?
The time share was always exactly split time. I pay half the kids health insurance and there are no day care expenses.

The agreement was technically not from the judge but the judge told both lawyers that if it went to court he was going to use the charts which said 25% for both kids. She agreed to slightly less than that amount so i had not choice but to agree.

mshockey17

We asked you how much you pay in child support. You answered that with "the same amount I would pay..."

Neither ones of your responses actually answered the questions asked. I you think its none of our business, then take your questions to a local attorney to whom you can provide the necessary information to get you the info you need.
I said that because I do not know the actual number... the charts say 25% but it was slightly less around 23%

mshockey17

the time share is exactly half..... sunday to tues house A, wed to thurs house B, friday to saturday house A

the next week we switch.... am at work so I have been giving brief answers....

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
OP went through mediation.

The ex didn't like how things were going in mediation, so it went to the court.

The current order is based on that. OP wants to sue out at the ex and the mediator - so the ex was correct to conclude that she was in a no win situation in mediation.

OP was represented by legal counsel; OP was not pro se. OP also wanted to stiff his previous lawyer when the lawyer became sick and was unable to continue representing him.

The fact that this is not a mediated agreement, but one determined by the courts means that there is a legal basis, and state guidelines were applied. Should OP wish for a downward modification, he has to prove a change of circumstance. If there has been no change of circumstance, then any petition for child support modification is a waste of the court's time.

OP needs therapy (there is a lot of anger here).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">