• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sabrina94

My husband and I separated back in February of this year. I left the home because I found out he was having an affair. He was sneaking in another woman into the home whenever I wasn’t there. He also made my life hell to try and make me move out. I finally did. Three months later, in May, he moved a different woman into the home. Am I entitled to spousal support? If so, how do I go about doing so? I know the first step would obviously to hire a lawyer but I want to make sure I’m not wasting my time in trying to pursue this. Especially since it’s now been 9 months since the separation. I know nothing about divorces and the law regarding them. I had no idea spousal support or things of the like was something that was done. Had I known, I would have pursued it much sooner as I was a stay at home mother at the time and pretty much had to leave the home with nothing.

Just Blue

My husband and I separated back in February of this year. I left the home because I found out he was having an affair. He was sneaking in another woman into the home whenever I wasn’t there. He also made my life hell to try and make me move out. I finally did. Three months later, in May, he moved a different woman into the home. Am I entitled to spousal support? If so, how do I go about doing so? I know the first step would obviously to hire a lawyer but I want to make sure I’m not wasting my time in trying to pursue this. Especially since it’s now been 9 months since the separation. I know nothing about divorces and the law regarding them. I had no idea spousal support or things of the like was something that was done. Had I known, I would have pursued it much sooner as I was a stay at home mother at the time and pretty much had to leave the home with nothing.
U.S. Law Only.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You're in way over your head here. You need to get yourself an attorney. Consultations are often free, if not it might cost you $200-$400, but you need to speak with one.

Providing your state will help members here provide you with basic information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">