• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband got his salary reduced - he works for salary business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Think about it? Judge I found these paycheck stubs in our mutual home. I took pictures of them and printed them out. They show that he makes more money than he claims. Do you really think that a child support judge is going to have a problem with that?
Think about it. Any judge would have a problem with it due to the fact that it does NOT comply with the rules of procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:

HRZ

OP?...you best wise up,and use counsel.

A 10 year marriage probably triggers a 7 year guideline from some alimony.

IF STBX is into intentional salary reduction within a family business ...you need help at flushing out true countable income and how to get it on record.

THe nature of the business and his role in it may suggest where to look .but you need help,beyond your own eyes .

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Think about it? Judge I found these paycheck stubs in our mutual home. I took pictures of them and printed them out. They show that he makes more money than he claims. Do you really think that a child support judge is going to have a problem with that?
Yes. Yes I think that a judge could have a problem with this.

There are rules of evidence that have to be followed. If the rules are not followed and the items are not correctly submitted, the judge can (and will) choose to ignore them. You do not get to have your "Matlock moment". (And yes, I know that I am dating myself.)

Also note: this is part of a divorce action. It is far easier to produce income tax information, and indeed required. It is far more prudent to subpoena wage history from the employer.

Last edited:

HRZ

OP ...you were married for 10 years...did hubby have company car, company credit card, company gas card , liberal expense account, ownership interest in family business, ...did you file jointly and do you have copies of all the returns for say last 5 years.

Keep in mind NJ sort of expects parents to provide for college when that time comes.

OP I urge you to use seasoned counsel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">