• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i get a miss trial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

exspo94

Tennessee

When arrest i was told that i am being charged with, Domestic Assault, and aggravated assault. At the jail they had me sign bond conditions stating that i can not see or contact my partner. Towards the en of my 12 hour minimum jail time (as dictated by Tn state law for a domestic assault) they told me i was actually charged with two counts of aggravated assault instead.

My questions are, can i end these bond conditions since they are for something i am not even charged with?
What can i do about the fact that i was held for a crime i am not charged with?
And can this in any way be used to drop all charges?

Note: there was no injury/contact to anyone at all.

quincy

Tennessee

When arrest i was told that i am being charged with, Domestic Assault, and aggravated assault. At the jail they had me sign bond conditions stating that i can not see or contact my partner. Towards the en of my 12 hour minimum jail time (as dictated by Tn state law for a domestic assault) they told me i was actually charged with two counts of aggravated assault instead.

My questions are, can i end these bond conditions since they are for something i am not even charged with?

There has been no "mistrial" because there has been no trial.

There has been a change in the charges filed against you. This is not all that unusual. You cannot use this change in charges to have all charges dropped.

The person you are alleged to have assaulted is not your partner? Do you reside with the person you are alleged to have assaulted?

Just Blue

Tennessee

No.

quincy

Tennessee

Please explain what I have bolded above. Who (or what) was the alleged victim?

Thanks.

justalayman

When arrest i was told that i am being charged with, Domestic Assault, and aggravated assault.
they told me i was actually charged with two counts of aggravated assault instead.
You were arrested for domestic assault AND aggregated assault

You were charged with 2 counts of aggravated assault (they converted the domestic assault to a second count of aggravated assault)

How do you think that would amount to dropping all charges?

exspo94

You were charged with 2 counts of aggravated assault (they converted the domestic assault to a second count of aggravated assault)

I honestly did not think that it would drop charges. I just wanted to ask what ever i could think of.

quincy

Wishful thinking?

exspo94

There has been no "mistrial" because there has been no trial.

There has been a change in the charges filed against you. This is not all that unusual. You cannot use this change in charges to have all charges dropped.

The person you are alleged to have assaulted is not your partner? Do you reside with the person you are alleged to have assaulted?
The domestic was to my partner. The aggravated was to the guy i belied had manipulated her into coming to his house, (Partner has DID).
Now i have two aggregated, counts, idk who the seconded is for. May be my partner of the guys partner.

exspo94

My only real question is if i can get this Bond conditions lifted. They are basically a restraining order on my partner.

quincy

My only real question is if i can get this Bond conditions lifted. They are basically a restraining order on my partner.
You said that the assault was on your partner.

You need to avoid all contact with the one (or ones) you are charged with assaulting.

I am glad you will have an attorney.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">