• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can OCA officials edit charges, unseal cases or create files for undocketed cases?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottchiusano

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Im afraid that I may have annoyed the courthouse supervisor clerk--a general clerk, not a judge's clerk--with my relentless questioning;

during the conversation, he asked to see the NYS personal record review printout that DCJS mailed me

he said he wanted to check that the undocketed arrest has indeed been sealed, but earlier in the conversation he said that the court does not have files on undocketed arrests--the printout merely says "prosecutor declined prosecution, sealed upon termination... 160.50"

but now i worry that because i annoyed him, he may unseal court files, make a new file for the undocketed arrest, and change the initial charge to a class A felony or something

CdwJava

Not sure that anyone can answer this one without knowing what it is all about.

I am not sure what you are asking. The clerk cannot create a record where none exists. And if you are asking if the clerk could commit multiple crimes by making stuff up, the answer is that he or she probably could, but why?

scottchiusano

because I may have annoyed him with my questions

which I hope isnt the case here

can he unseal cases that have been sealed by a judge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">