• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

COUNTY or STATE Prosecution ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

no but i would like to read it. how do i find it?
I'll let you know how to find it when/if I find it. :)

I will read over the Zimmerman case to see if I can understand your concern.

Edit to add a question: Are you confused perhaps by the fact that there is a county in New York named New York County? I have read Zimmerman. I am not seeing that your described concern has much connecting it to the jurisdictional questions raised by the facts in Zimmerman.

Last edited:

redsaw

I'll let you know how to find it when/if I find it. :)

I will read over the Zimmerman case to see if I can understand your concern.

Edit to add a question: Are you confused perhaps by the fact that there is a county in New York named New York County? I have read Zimmerman. I am not seeing that your described concern has much connecting it to the jurisdictional questions raised by the facts in Zimmerman.
it says Zimmerman walked free because the State has jurisdiction, not the county... NY county is manhattan... the NY AG tried indicting Zimmerman in NY county, but the highest court said NO... he can only be indicted in the state

quincy

it says Zimmerman walked free because the State has jurisdiction, not the county... NY county is manhattan... the NY AG tried indicting Zimmerman in NY county, but the highest court said NO... he can only be indicted in the state
I understand the case. It had an exceptional set of facts, though, that should not be duplicated in your own business's interactions with New York residents.

You would benefit from having your business plans reviewed personally by an attorney in Pennsylvania, to better avoid violating New York laws.

Good luck.

(I couldn't locate the thread I remembered as being similar to yours ... maybe I imagined it :))

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think you're remembering the beginning of this thread. The OP has been told over and over and over again that he's going to need to find an attorney and pay an attorney to do this kind of research.

quincy

I think you're remembering the beginning of this thread. The OP has been told over and over and over again that he's going to need to find an attorney and pay an attorney to do this kind of research.
Although that's a reasonable assumption :), it was actually redsaw's description of his Pennsylvania business as a "digital currency services" business that struck me as familiar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">