• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter Was Caught Shop Lifting !!!scared To Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SUSIE31

What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA
I need some advice my daughter went shopping to Kohls with a friend my daughter is 18 the friend is 17.The friend told my daughter how easy it is to take items from the store and dared my daughter to do the same.My daughter did the stupid thing and took stuff valued about $140.00 total.Her friend was able to go home with her parents due to the fact she is a minor my daughter was transported in hand cuffs to jail.She stayed there from 6:30 m to 1:30 am in the morning with her father and i waiting for her to be released.They released her at 1:30 with us not needing to place any bail.This is a misdameanor petty theft charge 484(a)p.c.My problem is i am worried about the upcoming court date i never have been through this before as a parent.My daughter has never been in trouble before is involved in sports,goes to college ,has a job.I guess my main worry is if judges can lay down any jail time,people are telling me know not on a firt offense misdameanor will be a fine.

Need Help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

SUSIE31 said:
What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA
I need some advice my daughter went shopping to Kohls with a friend my daughter is 18 the friend is 17.The friend told my daughter how easy it is to take items from the store and dared my daughter to do the same.My daughter did the stupid thing and took stuff valued about $140.00 total.Her friend was able to go home with her parents due to the fact she is a minor my daughter was transported in hand cuffs to jail.She stayed there from 6:30 m to 1:30 am in the morning with her father and i waiting for her to be released.They released her at 1:30 with us not needing to place any bail.This is a misdameanor petty theft charge 484(a)p.c.My problem is i am worried about the upcoming court date i never have been through this before as a parent.My daughter has never been in trouble before is involved in sports,goes to college ,has a job.I guess my main worry is if judges can lay down any jail time,people are telling me know not on a firt offense misdameanor will be a fine.

Need Help

My response:

You are being way, way too melodramatic. Besides, your duplicate post was already answered.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">