Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,881
    AGree entirely...a threat to take legitimate . legal action or just taking it is NOT extortion


    BUt threats to do so unless another does X or refrains from Y can get there pretty quick ..and thank kind of stuff best be left to pros who know where the land mines may be

    Extortion. Any person who threatens or communicates a threat or threats to another with the intention thereby wrongfully to obtain anything of value or any acquittance, advantage, or immunity is guilty of extortion and such person shall be punished as a Class F felon. (1973, c. 1032; 1979, c. 760, s.
    NC General Statutes

    perhaps for executor to play hardball for immediate restitution or else with forger is not wrongfully seeking same ..but smarter to confirm with counsel or just report the forgery to police and let idiot deal with it....i was thinking the other brother may have been seeking something out of executor (which op has not addressed) connected to his greats l


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    29,224
    Quote Originally Posted by HRZ View Post
    AGree entirely...a threat to take legitimate . legal action or just taking it is NOT extortion

    But threats to do so unless another does X or refrains from Y can get there pretty quick ..and thank kind of stuff best be left to pros who know where the land mines may be.

    Extortion. Any person who threatens or communicates a threat or threats to another with the intention thereby wrongfully to obtain anything of value or any acquittance, advantage, or immunity is guilty of extortion and such person shall be punished as a Class F felon. (1973, c. 1032; 1979, c. 760, s.
    NC General Statutes

    perhaps for executor to play hardball for immediate restitution or else with forger is not wrongfully seeking same ..but smarter to confirm with counsel or just report the forgery to police and let idiot deal with it....i was thinking the other brother may have been seeking something out of executor (which op has not addressed) connected to his greats l
    It is NOT extortion to threaten to take an action that is legal to take if a demand that is legal to make is not met.

    Rulenumber1 is in South Carolina not North Carolina.


    Last edited by quincy; 02-13-2018 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Noticed state was wrong
  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,881
    is State v. Greenspan, 92 N.C. App. 563 (1989), in which the defendant was convicted of extortion after threatening to have another person charged with making harassing phone calls unless that person paid him

    agree but we don't know how far brother pushed it whatever..

    Paraphrasing above ; Brother might be convicted of extortion if he threatened to have executor charged with criminal misadministration of estate funds unless executor paid him money he was not yet entitled to receive .


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    29,224
    Quote Originally Posted by HRZ View Post
    is State v. Greenspan, 92 N.C. App. 563 (1989), in which the defendant was convicted of extortion after threatening to have another person charged with making harassing phone calls unless that person paid him

    agree but we don't know how far brother pushed it whatever..

    Paraphrasing above ; Brother might be convicted of extortion if he threatened to have executor charged with criminal misadministration of estate funds unless executor paid him money he was not yet entitled to receive .
    Please don't go off on unnecessary tangents. There is nothing to indicate extortion is a concern. Rulenumber1 is in South Carolina.

    Thanks.


    Last edited by quincy; 02-13-2018 at 01:18 AM.
  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    23
    To the best of my knowledge no extortion threat has been made.... He's just angry at that brother and actually his sister. Mainly the brother in the GI Joe LOL.... His sister the executor has made decisions that he did not agree with also..... Get over it little John Boy! Known this kid since he was 2 feet high LOL


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    29,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulenumber1 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge no extortion threat has been made.... He's just angry at that brother and actually his sister. Mainly the brother in the GI Joe LOL.... His sister the executor has made decisions that he did not agree with also..... Get over it little John Boy! Known this kid since he was 2 feet high LOL
    It is too bad that some in the family cannot put aside old grievances. Your friend would have an easier time taking care of the estate if they did.

    If the brother follows through on his threats to contact the police (which might be unlikely), your friend should speak with an attorney.

    I am sorry their mother died. Good luck to them all.


Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Canada, accessory after the fact.
    By turbotortoise in forum Other Crimes – Federal and State
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2014, 07:48 AM
  2. I am Executor of estate
    By runninbac in forum Elder Law, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills (Advance Health Care Directives)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 11:41 AM
  3. Accessory after the fact.
    By xcalibur911 in forum Other Crimes – Federal and State
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
  4. Determining executor, am I the executor of Moms estate?
    By darkout in forum Probate and Personal Representatives
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 11:21 PM
  5. Executor's fee after the fact?
    By barbarrow in forum Probate and Personal Representatives
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 01:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.