• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expunged Case - Can someone be charged with Felony for TALKING about it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
He is adamant that it is a felony in the state of Texas to even mention his case because he had it expunged.

And no, I haven’t posted here before. He is an engineer .... and is there any penalty other than civil ? I did see civil (slander if printed or published after expungement).
He is an engineer, not a law professional.

Stop listening to his advice.

I suggest you consult a local atty for a reality check.

It could be slander if you say that he was convicted, because the record has been expunged. It is not slander to say you have a scar on your wrist because of his actions.

zebrastrips2

Slander is the least of it. I could see that.

It’s his statement that it is a FELONY if i or anyone else discuss it...is what I thought was insane.

It is just tough because most times everything is fine, but he clearly is not nice or kind...when it comes to this issue.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

It’s his statement that it is a FELONY if i or anyone else discuss it...is what I thought was insane.

It is just tough because most times everything is fine, but he clearly is not nice or kind...when it comes to this issue.
TWICE this <spit> man has held you hostage. He has seriously injured you and also prevented you from calling for help. How many crimes against you does he have to commit before you'll see the light? I hope the time it takes for you to get out is less than the time before he kills you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

So true.

Being alone is less lonely than being with someone like that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Quincy...in this instance you are not only wrong but irresponsible.
You are wrong. There are things called gag orders. There are state secrets that cannot be revealed (Edward Snowden -- he didn't lie but revealed what he knew). I could go into other things that are illegal but you are not going to acknowledge your ignorance. The one to pound sand should be you, LDIJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">