• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Imprisonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

revkev

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I was informed by a DA Investigator that a man who has been harassing us and was arrestted for stalking my family has alleged that I falsely imprisoned his daughter about 11 weeks ago.

This man and I were ministers of a church and we left his church about 7 weeks ago he has harassed and stalked us, we file a protective order against him last week and on the same day he tried to say I imprisoned his daughter at our place, the problem is my cousin and him are friends and she has said it happened. My wife and children were there and we were all eating watermelon and the kids were playing until the girl got a call from her father saying she was past her curfew and has lost her truck as a result. She talked to me for about 30 minutes afterwards telling me about her dad being mean to her. I encouraged her to honor dad and I later spoke to her dad and explained that I had counseled her and asked that he not hold it against her. We attended his church and the daughter spent the night at our house numerous times after that. It wasn't until 7 weeks after we quit this mans church that he has tried to file charges and it was done after he discovered we were filing for a protective order and the police saught a warrant for his arrest.

Is this crime a misdemeanor or a felony in Oklahoma and how should I proceed. The Officer told me that he didn't think it would go anywhere but he is the city officer and the guy filed the complaint with the county.

There is alot more to this but this is the gist of the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">