• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospitals and Arrest Warrants IL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tiffs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
I’m in Dupage County in IL my husband was told by his doctor to go to the ER, he has an old arrest warrant for driving on suspended, will the hospital run a warrant check and have him arrested?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I’m in Dupage County in IL my husband was told by his doctor to go to the ER, he has an old arrest warrant for driving on suspended, will the hospital run a warrant check and have him arrested?
ERs do not run background checks or warrant checks on patients; they're too busy doing stuff like ... you know ... saving lives.

Even if they did though, are you seriously going to not go to the ER because you haven't taken care of business elsewhere?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hospitals don't run warrant checks...the police do.

CdwJava

And, if he is sufficiently ill to go to the ER, chances are that IF the police arrived on scene and conducted a random check (for some odd reason) he would not be arrested until he is medically clear.

The odds are extremely slim that he will be arrested when cleared from the hospital unless he decides to brag about being a criminal fugitive.

Just Blue

It would behoove him to take care of his warrant so he doesn't have to worry all the time. ;)

Hope he feels better...:)

quincy

Your husband probably should not be driving himself to the ER, for more reasons than his license suspension. Why can't you or someone else with a valid license drive him?

If your husband is stopped on his way to or from the hospital, he can be arrested.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This reminds me of a thread a couple of years ago on a different forum. The poster was either out of status or had a warrant against him, I forget which, and he was convinced the cops were somehow going to know all his hangouts, call to find out when he was going to be there, and then stake out the place to arrest him. First it was his doctor's office, and then it was something else, and then it was still another place, I don't remember all of them, and he opened a new thread for each one until the moderator combined them. I remember finally getting frustrated and responding with a long list of places that the cops would NOT call to find out if he was going to be there so they could come and arrest him, including his favorite radio stations and the college bookstore and the local grocery store. Then for days I wondered if he was going to think that the cops WOULD call any place I didn't include on that list. :D

quincy

This reminds me of a thread a couple of years ago on a different forum. The poster was either out of status or had a warrant against him, I forget which, and he was convinced the cops were somehow going to know all his hangouts, call to find out when he was going to be there, and then stake out the place to arrest him. First it was his doctor's office, and then it was something else, and then it was still another place, I don't remember all of them, and he opened a new thread for each one until the moderator combined them. I remember finally getting frustrated and responding with a long list of places that the cops would NOT call to find out if he was going to be there so they could come and arrest him, including his favorite radio stations and the college bookstore and the local grocery store. Then for days I wondered if he was going to think that the cops WOULD call any place I didn't include on that list. :D
Hahaha. I think these forums have attracted a LOT of posters like that. :)

The simplest and best solution is to just take care of the warrant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">