• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was arrested the second time for the same incident. Is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Julie clupper

Is this legal to sign my summons to appear in court into a warrant I have not committed any other crime it had same day time incident I had to bond out twice on same charge

Julie clupper

I was arrested a second time for the same incident same crime Is this legal

Is this legal to sign my summons to appear in court into a warrant I have not committed any other crime it had same day time incident I had to bond out twice on same charge
can I sue for this? My brother in law works for the prosecuter as investigator in same county. my husband's nephew is a detective on police force in same county . my sister in law works in the courthouse.my husband was driving the car we were pulled over and arrested in.

FlyingRon

Given the scant details we can't tell. You'd be more inclined to get a lawyer to deal with the criminal charges than worrying about suing people at this point. You haven't expressed what the relevancy of all your relatives working for the State are.

It would be unusual for the same charge to result in a subsequent arrest after you were released on bail. It's less far-fetched that while the incident leading to the arrest remained the same, the actual charges were changed.

Last edited:

quincy

What is the name of your state - and what is the crime? Thanks.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Is this from your arrest in Indiana last May or is that a separate issue?

You really shouldn't use your real name as a userid.

You should also retain legal counsel.

Last edited:

quincy

Her userid = her name.

Unlike my real name, which is more common than "John Smith", OP's userid is distinctive.
If she hasn't used the same name on this forum before, it is possible she appropriated someone else's name for use here. It has happened before.

I agree that she should consult with a lawyer in whatever state she resides (Indiana or another).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">