• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indigent agreement for appointed counsel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South dakota.

My question is, if I sign a document that requests and provides appointed counsel, is that a contract I've entered into, or would it be considered something other than a contract? I'm trying to pinpoint what the statute of limitations would be on court costs not included in my judgment.
If you were represented by a public defender, you are obligated for any costs assessed for that representation. Wasn't this discussed in your other thread?

Here is a link to that thread, where you were given the statute of limitations: https://forum.freeadvice.com/debt-collections-84/being-sued-collections-agency-over-unpaid-public-defender-fees-645799.html

A new thread is not necessary. Please add all additional questions to your other thread as the background information is important.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">