• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Roomates Parole Officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

holmansday

I live in New Hampshire and my roomate is on probation for a drug charge. Does his parole officer have to give me any notice to come search my house and are there any limitations to where she can search? (ie. my room) Also can I tell her to leave if she gets pushy for no reason?

N

No lo gonna go

no he doesn't
no there isn't
no you can't

u can move...probably sufficient grounds to break your lease.

H

Humble Warrior

The P.O. can only search areas common to the both of you,and your roomies room. They cannot search your room. You can tell a P.O. to get out,but only as long as the roomie isnt present(in the home) when you do. No they dont need to give you notice prior to searching. I too am on probation....you can take this advice to the bank. I have dedicated the last three years of my life to nothing but fighting the unjust laws and rules of probation departments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">