• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about West Virginia mask law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Thanks for the answers man . I don't want to point the finger at anyone here , but do you know of any legal advice forums on the Net where posters tend to be a bit more chill ? I mean I was thinking about creating a thread concerning being hauled in for questioning after being detained , but now I'm rather leery of doing so , lest I face the accusation of being a " cop baiting troll " again .
All forums are a bit of a free-for-all, with good information and advice mixed in with the not-so-good. FreeAdvice does a pretty good job of keeping nonsense to a minimum but it is not perfect.

The best I think any poster to a forum can do is to ignore what they find worthless or insulting and take with them what they find helpful (if anything ;)).

If you have another question, you can post it to this thread and see what sort of responses you receive. Again, though, I recommend you ignore what is unhelpful.

Thanks for the thanks, by the way. They are always appreciated.

xylene

Derailing the thread in a different direction:

1. I'm actually surprised the law does not contain an exemption for medical reasons and for motorcyclists/atv/etc.

2. Though the 'criminal identification' aspect is surely a motivation, I believe the key reasons for such laws are to counteract the Klan. (hence the stuff about meetings on private property)

quincy

Derailing the thread in a different direction:

1. I'm actually surprised the law does not contain an exemption for medical reasons and for motorcyclists/atv/etc.

2. Though the 'criminal identification' aspect is surely a motivation, I believe the key reasons for such laws are to counteract the Klan. (hence the stuff about meetings on private property)
There IS an exception for masks for medical reasons - and helmets for motorcyclists are not really masks, unless worn when off the motorcycle.

Last edited:

xylene

There IS an exception for masks for medical reasons - and helmets for motorcyclists are not really masks.
I guess I don't read any medical exemption. It isn't mentioned in the law text.

'Is a Helment a Mask' is an interesting point, I was thinking things like shemagh worn as a mask that have become popular in riding culture as well as more fitted face coverings

https://www.amazon.com/Powersports-Face-Masks/b?ie=UTF8&node=3271034011

quincy

What about SCUBA masks? ;)
I would think scuba masks are looked at like motorcycle helmets - you can wear them while motorcycling or scuba diving but you probably don't want to wear them into a bank.

These are guesses on my part, by the way. :)

I see medical exemptions possibly covered under 61-6-22(b)(6), protection from the elements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">