• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

serious crimes minor charge and question without parent and without attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilonetina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california law.i am a parent of a 17 yr old son. who was arrested with 8 serious charges, which included robbery (purse) brandishing a weapon, brandshing weapon on victim for oral copulation, something of foreign object, threatening victim (minor) with this supposely weapon, assault ,breaking this girl nose, two poss of drug charges which wasn't on his posession.two girls were at the crime scene also to find out another suspect with their at this park , but when he heard siren of police he fled the crime scene also fleeing holding this weapon. to find out he was a parolee ar large and also a sex offender that was released 3 months ago and reported. i did my own investigation making one phone call due to i know my son . by all means he isn't an angel being he is on juvenile probation. as far as drugs my son doesn't do drugs and thatbeen for like since 2006 he tried marijuana.my son first got in trouble with the law at the age of 12 yrs old. he was refer to mental health court then he had 8 charges in one month back in 2006 3 felonies and rest mis, which they were resistingarrest , which he has a history of running from police, two years ago he got in a fight with a friend of his two blocks fromwhere we lived . when he heard police siren whar did he do is run home. well on this day of early hours of morning alil past 1:00am what why didn't he run when hearing the police siren. what he was doing was he was at the park where crime took place and he called my nephew no answer . then he called and text his girl friend which earlier they had a disagreement. she was at a relative two blocks up fromthis park. she stwate to me she was on cell with my son and thatwhenhe looked up to see [police cars turning corner he state he was gonna try hiding in park where the grass was alil long. this park is very dark. he did state to her he had a feeling he was gonna get arrest because of being on probabtion and it was pst curfew etc. then she didn't hear from him. police found him when searching area with spot lights.laying flat on ground and also they state to me they found a purse in the same area that had blood on it. my sonstate he had drankearly but wasn't drunk to not know what he was going.i question him when he called, and did my mother which he stated when we ask him what's this you branished a gun on a young girl and forced sex. what his answerwas what mom, grandma i didn't brandish no gun onany one and i dien't force sex on any one. what the police are saying are lies.to find out that this suspect that fled crime scene is cousins to my son girl friend. a day after he got arrest i spoke to her and she confirm to me my sons whereabout al the evening, and she alsomention this cousin of hers my son hadn't seen since 2007-08. also she mention that her cosuin she was postive hearing this within the family was a sex offender getting out of prison2 months prior to that day. and she alsomention this other suspect which fled ran t her aunt home two blocks within same area of crime scene. i related this information to my sons probation agent only finding out first name of this suspect and of these facial tattoos he has on face of big letter of an x on one side of cheek and a4 on other faciall cheek and also othr gang relating tattoos., to be told by my son p.o. that just by looking as this person mug shot picrure that to a young teenager girl that this gang tattoo would be very intimating to a young girl and epecially if she was threatened by this suspect.this p.o. also stasted to me that after getting my message she went to police dept . and spoke to the arresting officers and investigating detectives, stating to me that she was very pissed off of how they went about this from day one. now that told me alot. son thing was done wrong when hey arrest my son.she then tells me that there is still a chance that my son could be tried as an adult and he can take this to trial. hell i know how santa clara judical system is . the jury andd.a. usually go by what the victim states and my son wouldn't have any chance taking this to jury. as of this date my son alternate defenderhasn't interviewed him he goes back to this fitrness hea in 8 days. this evening i finally get a call from attorney i have been calling wanting to speak to him of what infor i found out and also wanting a copy of police report. this attorney stated to me that my son told police that he had consentual sex with oone of the . later after my son called and i asked him son did you make a state to polce that you had consentual sex with one of the girls. he then askes me mom what is conscentual sex. now if my son doesn't know the meaning to this howcan he make such a statment to arresting officers. now isn't illegal to question minor without attorney or parent

FlyingRon

It's really hard to read your ill-formatted rambling. I'm not even going to try because I doubt it will change my recommendation.

The fundamental issue with things as serious as this is that he needs a lawyer SERIOUSLY. If there were improprieties in the questioning the lawyer can work to get that excluded.

Nowhere in that post does OP mention (and yes I read it all somehow...) that her son was actively questioned.

He was found hiding in tall grass, which he told his gf he was going to do to avoid the police. Because he already knew he was going down for violating curfew. The police report is merely a recitation of what happened at the scene, who was where and said who did what to whom. The son apparently told police he had consensual sex with a female at the park (and OP that's paraphrasing, your son didn't say that verbatim).

This young man has had way too much interaction with law enforcement in his short life. He had 3 felonies when he was 13!

This time the DA is going after him as an adult. I can only say I hope *this* is a wake up call and he finally straightens up. Otherwise OP is going to spend most Mother's Days getting searched before she can see her son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">